September 20, 2010

Sweetdreams

I love my bed. I spent most of my Sunday rolling around in bed, aside from doing two piles of laundry. I also love my four pillows and I'm contemplating another two more. Mostly I love the space that I have on my bed. No, I don't even like my boy sharing my bed, though I occasionally enjoy a warm body next to mine. I used to curl up in a tiny ball at the corner of my bed every night. But these days I find greater joy in lying right in the middle of the whole bed. I hate sharing my comforter. I like to pull it up to my chin, not a single centimetre higher or lower. Any higher and I'd suffocate. Any lower and the cold air will get to my shoulders...I tuck the ends of the comforter just under my feet so that my feet don't stick out whilst I sleep. I still believe monsters lie beneath the bed.

My point is, looking at the photos taken at Ah Shan Hostel, I am amazed at how I managed to sleep on that rock hard and tiny bed.

I deserve a pat on my back, no less.

No comments: