September 15, 2010

Sunburnt in Hongkong

I am roasted from the four hour climb up the Dragon Back Trail. What I expected to be a "trek" turned out to be a hike through mud / rock / sandy terrain. So there I was in my cheap grocery shopping shoes, plodding my way through a mountain trail in the midst of the forest whilst others were in track shoes. I thank my lucky stars my travel buddies were equally as retarded, with one in slippers and another in slingback crocs. They made me look less silly.

Top of Shek-O was yet another breathtaking view over Hongkong, the sandy shores of the Big Wave bay and the blue ocean, with an occasional bird gliding past us just metres in front of us. Using words to describe the view from above does not justify it's beauty. Photos to follow shortly.

But I must add that even photos cannot compare. To get the real deal, come over to Hongkong and do it yourself. Simply take the MTR to Shau Kei Wan station and exit at the bus terminal to take bus #9. Alight at Cape Collison road to begin your trail. The narrow flight of stairs next to the entrance of a rehabilitation centre marks the start of the trail.

Spent the afternoon remaining, sleeping in our hostels. Dinner at THW again, and this time we ordered their mango pudding and sago with taro. Dessert did not disappoint one bit. I FINALLY got my mango pudding fix. I have ambitions to buy a thermos flask just to bring some of THW's salted egg and century egg congee back to Singapore. It sounds totally crazy tht there's so much of Hongkong to try and yet we keep heading back to THW for dim sum. But you know, once you've got the best, you don't want anything less.

The day was rounded off with my toiletries spree at Watsons and Bonjoir. I had to find something to justify my checkin luggage on my return trip :p Only headed back to hostel at 1230am! My travel mates are converts! Growl-wylocks is now a back to happy Glowylocks!

Heading over to Macau tomorrow. Wet weather program for tomorrow is to head to the Venetian to gamble. Wish me luck! I may become millionaire!!

No comments: