August 16, 2008

dearest ryan, whilst i spent my day waiting for you over and over and over again, this was what happened:

the past 24 hours has been the most random day for months in the running.

happy hours make me really happy. i sat alone at balas waiting for the redness to wear off but to no avail. hence i weaved in and out the shops of suntec and city link, red-faced and giggly. with every passing mirror i was even more convinced that others would presume i was sunburnt. and so i marched on, refusing to head home to face 4 walls again despite being alone.

i managed to dissaude myself from buying anything i fancied. coming from the queen of impulse buys, it is a feat. (the money you gave me is still intact! every single cent of it! aren't you proud!!!!)

i dozed off while standing on the travelator and almost ended up on my face if my hands weren't quick to grab to railings. twice in less than a minute.

i had a conversation with the couple sitting opposite me on the train about tired legs and taking naps on buses and trains.

afterwhich i headed to coffeebean@vivo to wait for the boy whereby my phone died on me and i had to borrow a fellow human bean's phone to send a text msg, leading to yet another random conversation.

crazy.
mama told me as a kid never to talk to strangers.
you know what they say, about women having to speak 20, 000 words a day? i think i was suffering from a lack of interaction from walking around on my own the whole day.

hence i have come to a decision - the job hunt shall begin!

No comments: